It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:33 am
Welcome to helbreath.info, a community for all things Helbreath!
Register today to gain access to post, download pak edits, source files, and much more.

Deutsch Espanol Francais Italiano Portugues Russian Arabic Japanese Korean Simplified Chinese

helbreath.info is closing down in 2018
(read more)

Post subject: Playing Helbreath in Linux
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:46 pm 
Web Master
Web Master

Thanks given: 15 times

Character: kinger
Town: Traveler
Helbreath Servers: Helbreath International
Helbreath USA
Helbreath Chaos
Helbreath Underlord
Helbreath Rebirth
Helbreath World
So I have been trying to get Helbreath to work under linux (ubuntu) through wine, with not much success. Figured I would share what I got working and see if anyone can help or continue where I left off.

Will start with some steps you need to even try this (if your new).

First you will need to install "Wine" on your box.
http://www.winehq.org/

A random post I found back in like 2005 suggested to run Helbreath in wine, make sure wine's settings in graphics mode are all turned off. Which means, remove all check marks, set vertex shader to None. Also to make sure under Applications it is set to Windows Xp, as well as under Audio make sure ALSA driver is checked with hardware acceleration to Full, the sampe rate of 44100, and bits per sample of 16. I did adjust my wine to this and it helped nothing, fyi.

Download Helbreath like normal or just copy your current folder. (Ive tried both).

To run it, either right click open with Wine, or from a terminal navigate to the folder then type "wine Helbreath.exe" or whatever then name is. Odds are you will get a few errors.

At first try I was getting a lot of DLL errors and such when running it from a terminal. I attempted to just copy the missing DLL files to the folder, but that failed.

Found a way from researching on how to install the runtime variables and c++ elements etc, by doing the following:

Copy the entire code from either url below, paste into a txt file. Open a terminal, navigate to the folder you saved it then type:
"sh nameoffile.txt" without the quotes. It should open a window with a lot of check boxes that you can check. I checked all the vb run time files as well as NET2.0, then allowed each of them to install. (takes a little bit, but will show progress and options)

http://www.helbreath.info/winetricks.txt
http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks

After fixing the DLL and runtime issues I thought I would finally be able to play..

Now I get this error which I am stuck on because I think it has to do with the coding itself, not any outside variable.
[align=center]Image[/align]

Either it is something I am doing wrong, or its just the way its coded to where it cant be ran properly. Suggestions, ideas, input etc are all welcomed.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:09 pm 
Slime
Slime

Thanks given: 0 times
Contact me on MSN. I should be able to get you fixed up.

OfflineProfile