It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:41 pm
Welcome to helbreath.info, a community for all things Helbreath!
Register today to gain access to post, download pak edits, source files, and much more.

Deutsch Espanol Francais Italiano Portugues Russian Arabic Japanese Korean Simplified Chinese

helbreath.info is closing down in 2018
(read more)

Post subject: Helbreath (still) rocks - Looking for feedback
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:34 am 
Stone Golem
Stone Golem

Thanks given: 7 times

Town: Traveler
Helbreath Servers: Helbreath Rocks
Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce myself first. Some of you might remember me from old times at HBX where I contributed a lot to the community (numerous fixes to the HBX sources, tools such as EditPro, openhelbreath, etc.). Since this game is getting older and older I thought about reviving it in a specific way with few goals in my mind with a HB server you never seen before to make playing it fun again. Technology moves forward and its easy to reach my goals. As I have already a POC and a working prototype I would like to ask you guys for opinion before moving forward.

Goals:
- You dont need a game client on your computer to play. - Windows 10 problems? None. Using Linux? None of a problem. OSX? Enjoy the game. 32bit 64 bit? Whatever... No need for DirectX, OpenGL, XNA (sorry guys!), .NET, Admin privileges? No need because you can even play on your chrome book.. just focus on game whenever you are :)
- Regardless of what platform you would play (OSX, Linux, any windows) the experience should be the same.
- Just press play without worrying for updates. You should be always up to date.
- You should be able to play on any network SAFE - means your connection is always encrypted through most popular network protocol that is unlikely to get blocked (unlike all servers out there).
- Server should be stable with minimum downtime between restarts (i.e. Deploy new version should have minimum impact)
- Based on original 2.20 leaks with a gradual introduction of new version features (make it stable then move forward). None of the server sources out there actually gets 3.82 features right so I decided to start from a base.
- Low experience with balanced settings as original and possible to Make Helbreath Great Again.
- No pay to win.
- first Servers located in europe, thought I am aware of players in South America and depends on the interest I will enable a gateway to lower pings for you.

Long term goals:
- Support for touch devices (smartphones, tablets), again, with support for touch, haptic feedback.

I hope to receive feedback from you all hardcore HB gamers and I would love to post first screenshots of my concept and invite you to a beta tests where we will fight bugs and enjoy the original experience because HB rocks!

PS I will add IRC channel for discussion

Helbreath Rocks - I brought Helbreath into the web browser so you can play anywhere on any device you want. This is the 21st century of Helbreath you were waiting. Check it out! Stats: Low/medium. Currently in open beta: http://helbreath.rocks/HelGame/

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Helbreath (still) rocks - Looking for feedback
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:32 am 
Scorpion
Scorpion

Thanks given: 8 times
sorry but who the fcuk are u
no one even bother to reply to this shit
lol
helbreath is already died
there are over 1 million different and better games
that people currently playing on
lmao
i couldn't even imagine playing this old garbage on a smartphone or tablets
must be shitty as fvck lmao
good luck anyway lol

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:01 pm 
Stone Golem
Stone Golem

Yeah... Thanks for feedback anyway!

For now its just a screenshot after a succesful login. Hope you guys got an idea what it would look like :) I'll post video soon to show my POC.

http://imgur.com/a/u6ynJ

Come see me at irc.freenode.net #helbreath.rocks

Helbreath Rocks - I brought Helbreath into the web browser so you can play anywhere on any device you want. This is the 21st century of Helbreath you were waiting. Check it out! Stats: Low/medium. Currently in open beta: http://helbreath.rocks/HelGame/

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:41 pm 
Zombie
Zombie

Thanks given: 1 times

Character: None
Town: Elvine
Nice Drawjer!, im developing a helbreath in cross plataform with libgdx whit same objetive!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:53 pm 
Stone Golem
Stone Golem

Dword wrote:
Nice Drawjer!, im developing a helbreath in cross plataform with libgdx whit same objetive!

It looks like your approach is similiar though very different. As I understand libgdx is Java library which means reimplementation from scratch. On the other hand I'm able to run real 2.20 HB client in the browser right now you can imagine how many new possibilities it gives for the game :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:42 am 
Very Important Person
Very Important Person

Thanks given: 2 times
Apart from the trolls, its good to see people still around here

I know Jappy is still working on my code on and off. It's not exactly cross platform on XNA- unless it gets ported over to Mono.

If I were to do a remake seriously now, I would do it properly- hiring a team etc. It's one thing to reinvigorate HB, but another to make a successful game. You sacrifice that personal touch but at least it would get finished!

Voting increases the server population![/align]

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:54 pm 
Stone Golem
Stone Golem

Vamp wrote:
Apart from the trolls, its good to see people still around here

I know Jappy is still working on my code on and off. It's not exactly cross platform on XNA- unless it gets ported over to Mono.

If I were to do a remake seriously now, I would do it properly- hiring a team etc. It's one thing to reinvigorate HB, but another to make a successful game. You sacrifice that personal touch but at least it would get finished!

Remake is really tough in such big codebases like HB is. My project is not a remake though. It is just quite a lot of refactors and modernizations on the original codebase made by Koreans (yes I really base it 100% on original sources).

Open source? Thats definetely what I am interested in in future. There is still a little legal issuses with this, but my idea would be to put it on dual license: GPL on original sources, and something like BSD3 for all modifications we will make.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:30 pm 
Zombie
Zombie

Drajwer wrote:
Dword wrote:

It looks like your approach is similiar though very different. As I understand libgdx is Java library which means reimplementation from scratch. On the other hand I'm able to run real 2.20 HB client in the browser right now you can imagine how many new possibilities it gives for the game :)

you can translate the code from c++/ddraw to browser with no-reimplementation??

explain :P

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:08 pm 
Stone Golem
Stone Golem

Dword wrote:
Drajwer wrote:
Dword wrote:

you can translate the code from c++/ddraw to browser with no-reimplementation??

explain :P

Thats the magic for now and a hope to give some fresh air into the community ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:04 pm 
Stone Golem
Stone Golem

Hey guys. Despite lack of time and being busy with other projects I got some serious breakthrough:

I've got all the graphics stuff to work now. Don't mind 0hp and other minor issues - This is easy to implement. I just wanted to make connection and data exchange working between client and server so the values are mocked.

"Fullscreen" button basically makes your browser fullscreen and stretches canvas to fit your screen and it looks 100% like a standalone client... Just visit website and pla and you'll have the same experience without worrying about downloading clients, operating systems, game updates, content, sprites, mapdatas etc. Everything is in cloud always ready for you so you can enjoy game :)

Please spread the word and join me on #helbreath.rocks for updates. I'll announce beta server soon :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:12 pm 
Rabbit
Rabbit

Hey,

I do understand your interest in this, this game is still best mmorpg that i have played and i would like to join with you to help develop it, i am an student only in programming, but if you need help, i would be glad to help you!

just write to me, i'l pm you my email.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:09 am 
Scorpion
Scorpion

Thanks given: 3 times
emscripten?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:49 pm 
Rabbit
Rabbit

Thanks given: 0 times
Hi Drajwer it appears that you are an experienced programmer currently involved in HB. I write to you because I am interested in launching a new project that addresses the fundamental ills of the game while implementing new features that would drastically improve the quality of the game.

I am looking to invest financially as well as use my large online presence to mobilize interest in the game again. If you are interested in further discussing this with me please respond :)

My FB: https://www.facebook.com/brandon.parsons.52

I look forward to your reply and hope that you are interested.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:45 am 
Scorpion
Scorpion

Thanks given: 2 times
Any news about this? Looks amazing!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:06 am 
Giant Ant
Giant Ant

Character: MOG
Helbreath Servers: International
Japan
USA
HBMOG
Drajwer wrote:
None of the server sources out there actually gets 3.82 features right

Mine seem to. ;-)

Anyway, nice to see you alive and kicking. Your project is a great idea and it's the direction HB should take. Siementech went under years ago. Rick Shin works at Electronic Arts now. HBUSA got wrecked hard at last. iEn never had a clue what they were dealing with and they are not going to succeed in overhauling the game.

I look forward to AFK'ing in your browser-based warehouse. ;-)

MOG

OnlineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:56 am 
Stone Golem
Stone Golem

Hey guys,

I didnt forget about you all. I made slow progress although steady progress. The technology I’m using is very new and not really matured much. There are good news:

Since iOS11 you can play on your smartphone. New OS is not yet released although I have access to it and you can check out how does it look like:

http://imgur.com/a/s6v9T

yeah you’d be able to play on your smartphone. Feels like the game is always online huh? How mind blowing is that? To fit it in your smartphone I had to literally turn all the assets of the game upside down :)

(Android seems to support this tech better than apple, although I cant test it right now)

Now... (drumrolls) you can check it out. Wont let you go inside the game (actually there is a game server and it works as you can see in earlier posts, but this stuff is not ready yet). Login server is always online there and always will.

Sorry for lack of HTTPS - in production it will be secured so no way someone can spy on you and this will be the only port (443) the game will use!

http://helbreath.rocks/HelGame/

I’m accepting donations in BTC: 14o1dAad6qmiPyPfVgTYjVM374QY9y45kj - that would surely motivate me as hell to continue work on this project. None of you donators would be forgotten after it will go live. I plan to give some rewards in game for supporters!

Come and chat with me at IRC: #helbreath.rocks at Freenode. Thanks to the maturing technology in few weeks there could be a beta :) Help me get more audience from HB veterans and I promise to deliver lots of fun again straight to your browser, smarphone, tablet, whatever has a browser!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:04 am 
Unicorn
Unicorn

Thanks given: 0 times

Character: Zero
Helbreath Servers: Helbreath Xtreme
Wouldn't it be hard to prove who donates? Since all bitcoin transactions are public someone could just find one and claim they made it.
eg https://blockchain.info/address/14o1dAa ... 74QY9y45kj

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:45 am 
Stone Golem
Stone Golem

Zero wrote:
Wouldn't it be hard to prove who donates? Since all bitcoin transactions are public someone could just find one and claim they made it.
eg https://blockchain.info/address/14o1dAa ... 74QY9y45kj

Thats good point raised. In production I’d rather assign unique address for each person for donations. IIRC blockchain.info has donation button that does this but I kight be wrong. I’ll research better option for it. Thx!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:29 am 
Zombie
Zombie

Drajwer wrote:
Hey guys,

I didnt forget about you all. I made slow progress although steady progress. The technology I’m using is very new and not really matured much. There are good news:

Since iOS11 you can play on your smartphone. New OS is not yet released although I have access to it and you can check out how does it look like:

yeah you’d be able to play on your smartphone. Feels like the game is always online huh? How mind blowing is that? To fit it in your smartphone I had to literally turn all the assets of the game upside down :)

(Android seems to support this tech better than apple, although I cant test it right now)

Now... (drumrolls) you can check it out. Wont let you go inside the game (actually there is a game server and it works as you can see in earlier posts, but this stuff is not ready yet). Login server is always online there and always will.

Sorry for lack of HTTPS - in production it will be secured so no way someone can spy on you and this will be the only port (443) the game will use!

I’m accepting donations in BTC: 14o1dAad6qmiPyPfVgTYjVM374QY9y45kj - that would surely motivate me as hell to continue work on this project. None of you donators would be forgotten after it will go live. I plan to give some rewards in game for supporters!

Come and chat with me at IRC: #helbreath.rocks at Freenode. Thanks to the maturing technology in few weeks there could be a beta :) Help me get more audience from HB veterans and I promise to deliver lots of fun again straight to your browser, smarphone, tablet, whatever has a browser!

Good job Drawjer,

In the end, change course and do not use libgdx, use your same technology, already experience a version for android and ios, and the web version and I have it available ... it is good to know that the course is right for you.

game player video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7UkYdFlHVw

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:32 am 
Stone Golem
Stone Golem

Dword wrote:
Drajwer wrote:
Hey guys,

Good job Drawjer,

In the end, change course and do not use libgdx, use your same technology, already experience a version for android and ios, and the web version and I have it available ... it is good to know that the course is right for you.

game player video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7UkYdFlHVw

Wow impressive. Yes I’ll stick to my tech as it is proven and works well in my case. Technically its very easy iOS native app at this stage BUT I will not do it because of intellectual property. My plan would be to release a “community” server browser-based and save all income funds from donations to hire a studio that would create assets for us - and then release native mobile apps without worrying about being sued.

So, join me on my irc channel #helbreath.rocks on freenode and help me make it possible :)

OfflineProfile